Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Oh my - what did I just see...

...and learn?!
I really love learning...by observing and in other ways too.

I had a learning moment the day after I had the "Am I vain?"* experience which I wrote the post on(and I published at a later date- as I'm doing with this one).


Walking through the 'Sky Bridge' I noticed a lady looking nice...she had a nice scarf accessorizing her dress. As we walked towards each other, something looked familiar and different at the same time. When we walked past each other, I couldn't resist turning to see if I saw right. And I did see right. She was wearing the very same dress - hers of course - that my son had told me was not 'busstoppy' - whatever that means.

I soaked in what I'd just noticed and said, 'Now I just discovered a new way to wear my dress' and I was so happy with myself. I was happy that I could "represent" my dress as a "Tuesday or Wednesday dress" not relegate it to a "Friday dress" whatever that means.
As I ruminated over this, I was reminded of another time a few years ago that I noticed a lady in lilac jacket. She looked so nice and appealing to the eyes...and yes I stared at her for a bit (not rudely). After a few glances, my eyes and brain had a meeting of mind (pun intended) and it occurred to me that the point of attraction was not the jacket in itself. Rather, it was the fact that she was wearing it with a dress that I have and actually wear with a dark purple sweater because I consider that the most appropriate for a dress that in my eyes "looks" casual. At that moment, my eyes opened to a way I can 'upgrade' my dress.
So what's the point of this post? Hmm...let's see - here are a 2 points that come to mind from both experiences
  1. Wherever we are or go, we have the opportunity to learn just by being willing to learn and being observant 
  2. Everyone has a different perspective about the same thing - in this case dresses for me. That difference does not make it right or wrong - just different - of course except when it is obviously right or wrong e.g. sin
One other thing I learned very quickly after I was glared at last year, is be careful who you say, "I like your outfit" to or even worse "I have that exact outfit." Actually, the absolute worst thing to say or do is "See we're matching" if/when you happen to be wearing the exact same outfit with someone else. Some people don't take it very well...or at all. I'm not going to tell you where on the spectrum I "earned" the glare - just suffice it to say, I learned a different lesson. So learn from me and save yourself a glare or two.

Wishing you a great time learning each and every day....

Just in case you want to read the post that preceded this one


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...