Friday, January 15, 2016

ABC

This week, ABC took on a new meaning for me in the last place you'd imagine. Before I run off, ABC stands for "Always Be Confident" - and before I tell you about my experience let's talk about confidence...

Google defines Confidence as
"a feeling of self-assurance arising from one's appreciation of one's own abilities or qualities"*

Confidence is has to be internalized for it to show externally. A wise unknown person put it this way: "Confidence is something you create within yourself
by believing in who you are." ~Unknown 

It's definitely an intangible quality that is very visible. 
 
I really like and agree with this quote 
When you have confidence, you can have a lot of fun. And when you have fun, you can do amazing things. ~ Joe Namath

Now to my ABC experience:
 
I had a hard time convincing myself to go to the gym...
I eventually went even though I was a bit late. I joined the class and putting in all I could. All of a sudden I noticed a lady on the mat beside me watching & I think copying my motions. I thought to myself, "I must look so confident and convincing for someone to copy me." That's when I decided to write & encourage us to ABC.

The Bible gives us reasons to ABC including:

Philippians 1:6- God began doing a good work in you, and I am sure [confident; persuaded] he will continue it until it is finished [completed; perfected] when Jesus Christ comes again [on the day of Christ Jesus; the final day of judgment and reward]. (EXB)
Hebrews 4:16 - Therefore let us [with privilege] approach the throne of grace [that is, the throne of God’s gracious favor] with confidence and without fear, so that we may receive mercy [for our failures] and find [His amazing] grace to help in time of need [an appropriate blessing, coming just at the right moment]. (AMP)
1 John 5:14 - This is the [remarkable degree of] confidence which we [as believers are entitled to] have before Him: that if we ask anything according to His will, [that is, consistent with His plan and purpose] He hears us. (AMP)
God has a great plan for you and you can confidently come to Him for help when you need it knowing that He will answer your prayers once they are according to His will...so ABC.






Sources:
* https://www.google.com/search?q=meaning+of+confidence&biw=1284&bih=631&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj_8PaxjqjKAhWMjZQKHaRIBGUQ_AUIBigA&dpr=1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...