Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Thank God for arm-rests!

When my big bro Paul said "In everything give thanks"* and Bishop David Oyedepo said, "If you can think, you can thank," they were both absolutely right.

A few weeks ago, as I approached my seat on the plane I noticed that my neighbor was blessed bodily. There was no issue with getting into my seat. In fact, I had no reason to complain because I had enough space and some to spare - and even share if I had to.

As we prepared to take-off, my neighbor put down the arm-rest as if to say "thus far you shall go and no further..." I smiled within myself because it just reconfirmed God's Word to me this year. Once again He was telling me that He has "made room for me"**
so I will definitely be fruitful in this land, this year and beyond.

I quickly and, of course, quietly said: "Thank God for arm-rests" - you guessed right.
It didn't take too much to think and link the dots - do the same this year: think, link and thank.
It is possible, though not always easy, to truly thank God for and even in everything. God bless.

References:
* 1 Thessalonians 5:18 ~ In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. (Modern English Version)

** Genesis 26:22 ~ So he called the name of it Rehoboth, for he said, “For now the Lord has made room for us, and we will be fruitful in the land.” (MEV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...