Thursday, October 30, 2014

Have you tried...

... sleeping with your arms crossed?

 
A few months ago, I felt like crossing my arms in bed and quickly remembered how uncomfortable it was the last time I did. In fact, the last time I did, I did it because I was angry. The mere discomfort explains why through Apostle Paul, God warns us in Ephesians 4:26-27:

26-27 Go ahead and be angry. You do well to be angry—but don’t use your anger as fuel for revenge. And don’t stay angry. Don’t go to bed angry. Don’t give the Devil that kind of foothold in your life. (MSG)
 
Rather he encourages us to: "Be gentle with one another, sensitive. Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly as God in Christ forgave you." (Eph 4:32 - MSG)
 
What has been said about anger and unforgiveness is so true...you hurt yourself more by being angry and unforgiving. Save yourself the stress, forgive regularly and always go to bed happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...