Friday, July 4, 2014

I never imagined...

...that I'd wear ever 2 different shades of jeans.

Amazing how our "values" develop & envelop us. Years and years ago, I couldn't understand how, or even why, anyone would wear 2 different shades of jeans. (P.S. That's not me in the picture).

At that time in my life, if I wanted (or felt I really needed) a jeans jacket, I'd hold off (or even pass up) buying it if the store didn't have the matching skirt/pants. With how blessed I am size-wise you can only imagine what a "needle-in-the-haystack" exercise that was. Thank God He helped me "grow up" & realize that there's much more to life that what I wish or want. It was a life lesson on how we evolve as human beings. Something that would have been so important & nonnegotiable now doesn't matter. I remember my thoughts as a young adult - expecting things to just happen...and realizing that if it doesn't, it's not the end of the world - sound familiar?

This "Jeans" experience definitely helped me put more things in perspective & even freed me to enjoy what God has blessed me with. Compare wanting matching jeans to the lack of food.

The wisest man that ever lived said: "After looking at the way things are on this earth, here’s what I’ve decided is the best way to live: Take care of yourself, have a good time, and make the most of whatever job you have for as long as God gives you life. And that’s about it. That’s the human lot. Yes, we should make the most of what God gives, both the bounty and the capacity to enjoy it, accepting what’s given and delighting in the work. It’s God’s gift! God deals out joy in the present, the now. It’s useless to brood over how long we might live." (Eccl 5:18-20 MSG)

He knew what he was talking about. Indeed, no one should make the major mistake of missing out on life by focusing on minor, and even irrelevant, mismatches. Whatever situation you're in, put it in perspective. Rather than spending time complaining about what you do or don't have, be grateful for all you have because God in His infinite mercy has given you everything you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...