Sunday, June 16, 2013

Be a light...

I was thinking about this Father's Day - the second one without my birth-father and the 12th watching my husband develop as a father - and couldn't help but wonder about other people's impressions of fathers. I know what mine are and agree with these quotes:

It is much easier to become a father than to be one.
~ Kent Nerburn, Letters to My Son: Reflections on Becoming a Man, 1994


Creating a child takes no love or skill; being a parent requires lots of both.
~ Michael Josephson

This "father-lighthouse" quote is so true. I do remember that my father always encouraged me to aim high and go for it. My husband does the same for our children.

While not the sail, good fathers pray for the fair wind to take their children to their God-given destiny. I know so - from watching my husband who knows how important the "wind of the Holy Spirit" is for successful sailing...

The quality of fathers as a guiding light is dependent on their power source. Stay connected to God - David said this about God:
"You have the fountain of life. 
We are filled with light because you give us light." (Ps 36:9 - NIRV)

Please join me as I celebrate all the great fathers out there who know that being a father is much more than having children...Happy Father's Day! May you never regret being a father.
Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...