Saturday, May 18, 2013

ASAP...asap

Just yesterday I shared on: "Pray without ceasing, in all seasons." Then this morning, one of the verses I read was:
Philippians 4:6 - Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. (NLT)

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, nothing in life beats praying. It's definitely less stressful than worrying. Let me explain my prespective on this. We're almost always in a hurry... well I am - sometimes. An example is when I send emails to people - personally and professionally - and ask them to respond to me asap (as soon as possible).

As I've grown in my relationship with God, ASAP has a different and deeper meaning for me. I find that when I consciously remain in my "Prayer Pattern" irrespective of my path for the day or week, I'm better able to "worry about nothing and pray about everything."

Jesus promised: You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it! (NLT)

Apostle John reiterated Jesus' promise in 1 John 4: 14-15 - And we are confident that he hears us whenever we ask for anything that pleases him. And since we know he hears us when we make our requests, we also know that he will give us what we ask for. (NLT)

If you take a moment to replace the word "anything" with "everything," you'll realize how it ties into Phil 4:6. 
As you develop the "pray about everything" mindset, you will find yourself gradually moving further away from worry and closer to prayer - a sign of reliance on God. I encourage you to join me in this ASAP life...

Always Say A Prayer - as soon as possible...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...