Monday, April 22, 2013

Writing right...

It's been exactly 1,300 days since I started blogging. I must confess sometimes it's felt like flogging. There are days when I'm on a roll & others when I'm just stalled. Days when many events feel right for sharing & others feel just tight for bearing. It's about writing right...

Now I'm not sure which category today falls into - however every day I'm thankful to God that I have fingers and that I can type...whether or not I want to.

I remember a few months ago when I was trying to put my thoughts together to write a piece or two and I said to my husband: "Blogging is hard." His response was crisp: "If you're struggling then you're not writing from the Spirit." Needless to say that I agreed with him. In fact, I now appreciate and agree with Lawrence Kasdan who said that "Being a writer is like having homework every night for the rest of your life."

While I won't consider myself as a writer (yet), I found some quotes that encouraged me to keep blogging("baby steps" towards becoming a writer) and I'll share some of them with you:

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. ~ Benjamin Franklin

What is written without effort is in general read without pleasure. ~ Samuel Johnson

Writing comes more easily if you have something to say. ~ Sholem Asch

You don't write because you want to say something.
You write because you have something to say.
~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think.
~ Edwin Schlossberg

The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say.
~ Anaïs Nin
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. ~ William Wordsworth

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you. ~ Maya Angelou

If writers stopped writing about what happened to them,
then there would be a lot of empty pages. ~ Elaine Liner

One thing I learned from "researching" (if you can call it that) into writing is a spiritual principle of seeking out what the Word says about you - then believe, receive and live by it.
It takes time to seek out the Word concerning you. However when you take the time to seek, find and then hide the Word concerning you in your heart, you'll advance confidently.

Psalm 45:1 says "Beautiful words fill my mind [My heart is stirred with a good word]. I am speaking of royal things [or address my work to the king]. My tongue is like the pen of a skilled writer. This verse speaks to the heart of a writer (or blogger) and then Philippians 4:13 reminds me that: I can do all things through Christ, because he [the one who] gives me strength. These are just 2 verses that I choose to believe, receive and live by as I blog.

Now, I'm ready for the next 1,300 days and as many more as the Lord would have me blog.

Source:
* Expanded Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...