Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Silent Listener

How many of us remember this "prayer"?         Personally, I remember this prayer as a red velvet plaque in my family home - I can just "see it" on the wall near our dining table. 
                                                                                              A lot of people acknowledge that they are not very good listeners - I won't disagree with them knowing that I can be one of the "lot."         I can't speak for you but know that a lot of us want to to be sure that God listens to us. Believe it or not, God also expects us to be good listeners not just to Him but to all others.

The secret of becoming (or being/remaining) a good listener is within the word "Listen." 
To truly and fully LISTEN, you need to be SILENT.
This is one rule that applies both in conversations with others and in communion with God.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...