Monday, January 30, 2012

What do you desire?

We all have many desires in life - well, I do. Sometimes, I ask myself how much do I desire a particular thing. In assessing myself I ask myself if my actions line up with my heart desires.

There are so many of us who "sit around" desiring things and do nothing about it. Desires and dreams don't come through or true on their own. You have to do something about them yourself for yourself. You may solicit help or guidance but you must do the soliciting. Backing down at every challenge or obstacle just takes you some steps backward.

"Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it.
Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way." ~ Les Brown

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
~ Bill Cosby
The starting point of all achievement is desire. ~ Napoleon Hill

The proof of desire is pursuit. ~ Mike Murdoch

Psalm 27:4 says "One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD All the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD, And to inquire in His temple." (NKJV)

What you desire, you pursue/seek. Jesus promised us in Matthew 7:7 that if we seek, we will find - once it is according to God's will. Psalm 37:4 encourages us: "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart."(Amplified) 

So are you clear on what you desire?

John Hagee said "What you pursue, you possess." So, what are you pursuing - now?
If the answer is "Nothing," then I'd say you also have the same answer to my first question.

Take a basic example: my husband "pursued" me as proof of his desire (according to God's will). And guess what? Of course - he got me. This year is still fresh - 30 days gone with 336 to go. What do you desire? What are you pursuing? Get up and go for it - as led by the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...