Monday, January 9, 2012

Health or Wealth?

Does it sound like a strange set of options? Actually, I hope it sounds strange especially to Christians who should know that we have a "right" to both. Jesus said: My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. (John 10:10b - NLT). Sadly, that's one promise many people never get into the fullness of due to wrong priorities which is why I'd like to share these:

So many people spend their health gaining wealth,
and then have to spend their wealth to regain their health. 
~A.J. Reb Materi, Our Family

The greatest wealth is health. ~Virgil

When growing up, I remember adults saying: "Health is Wealth." It is so true because all wealth is useless without health and like we've seen, no amount of wealth can regain a person's health without God's intervention. Back to the options...if I had to choose, I'd definitely choose health over wealth any day. I thank God, we don't have to choose. We just need to be wise & take good care of ourselves, so we'd have the health to enjoy our wealth -
 this year and for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...