Tuesday, September 8, 2020

What's wrong with the zipper?


Nothing.

With that answer I concluded that it means something's wrong with the "sipper".

That was exactly how I felt a few weeks ago when I was trying on an outfit I really like and the zipper was not cooperating despite how much I had tried an immediate "tummy tuck."

I started wondering about about how many things I have sipped on and/or eaten that have directly or indirectly contributed to my zipper challenges.

The funny thing about zipper challenges is that sometimes when the zippers give up and give way not due to their poor quality and/or age (though that is sometimes the reason) but rather due to increased quantity of the "content" - i.e. person or thing.

Yes this is just as true for purses, backpacks, suitcases as it is for outfits.

After being blessed to lose some weight earlier this year, it was really good to have more zippers cooperate with me. Now I cannot imagine what the situation will be for me - and some of you - when it's time to return to work - in our office clothes. There are days of this lock-down that I feel locked up in a "fattening room." So I know the sipper vs. zipper situation is ahead of me.

As for you, the next time you have zipper challenges ask yourself:
"Is it the zipper or the "sipper" (i.e. you) that's to blame?" 😊

Very best wishes as we resume to our new normal as some schools and more offices start opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...