Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Don't eat...

...to your death

You won't believe how and where this topic occurred to me. No I wasn't people watching...but you know, thinking about it, I may have come to the same topic doing that.

Well it came to me while travelling and watching cows graze in the countryside. As I watched them, I wondered what they would do (differently) if they knew that they were being fattened for their death. At the same split second, I couldn't help but wonder how many of us unwittingly "eat to our death."

My husband is well-known for saying "Watch what you eat before the doctor has to tell you to watch what you eat."  Funny to say that, a few years ago my dear friend Beryl overhead me say "2 Milk and 1 Sugar" when placing an order for Tea and "ask-claimed" "2 Sugar?!" My response was "No, I said '2 Milk and 1 Sugar'" to which she promptly & very matter-of-factly, based on her milk of human kindness (pun intended), retorted: "You should watch what you're eating at your age." We laughed about it and I thought about it.

Now because I'm not a Doctor, Dietitian, Nutritionist or whatever other Food Professional exists out there, I won't give you a list of what not to eat or even what to eat as we are all different and like different things. However, let me share a few things, by way of quotes, that I believe are good for all of us irrespective of our preferences:

1. Fruits & Vegetables
By eating many fruits and vegetables in place of fast food and junk food, people could avoid obesity. ~ David H. Murdock

Children want to mimic adults. They notice when you choose to prepare fresh vegetables over calling in another pizza pie for dinner. They will see that food made with love and care outweighs going through the drive-through window. ~ Marcus Samuelsson
2. Exercise
Adopting a new healthier lifestyle can involve changing diet to include more fresh fruit and vegetables as well as increasing levels of exercise.
~ Linford Christie

Exercise should be regarded as tribute to the heart. ~ Gene Tunney

3. Sleep
A good laugh and long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. 
~ Irish Proverb

Sleep is an investment in the energy you need to be effective tomorrow. ~ Tom Roth

Please take note an do what's best for you...no body can do more for you than you'll do for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...