Saturday, May 23, 2020

Step out - and up

I had the privilege of praying with a couple of my high school mates where one of us, Dr B, shared something that I felt that I needed to share further.

She talked about the fact that a lot of us are content being a big fish in a small pond.
She went on to challenge us by saying:
"Quit being the big fish in small ponds, and get used to being small fish in big ponds". Now this is not a new concept... However her next comment got me thinking. She said that we need to act in faith and step out of the boat - because, according to her, in some case we're in crowded boats.


As she was speaking, I nodded then started wondering about the "boat" or even boats I'm in and what I need to do to step out and walk on water.

I know the importance of being content however, we need to be careful that being content does not result in complacency. I believe that being content with where we are in life needs to underpin our desire to achieve more.


I am sure we all know that despite our desires, we cannot achieve any more if we do not do more.

So I invite your to step out of the (crowded) boat in faith and step up to your next level*...

Additional information:
If you want to walk on water...
Getting out of the boat
Getting out of the boat-2
Licence to walk on water
Step up to your next level

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...