Sunday, January 15, 2017

Time flies...

...memories remain


Today is a rather unique day for me; I got a surprise - and an unpleasant one at that...
Exactly 5 years ago, on a Sunday too, I got a call informing me that my dear Dad had just passed.
What?!!! My siblings and I just became orphans - just like that?
What?!!! So the last time I heard his voice was the last time I'd hear him and his pet-name for me?
What?!!! So the last time I saw him was the last time he'd see me?
My head was reeling for sure...and we were on our way to church...so now what?

You know when God says "My grace is sufficient for you" - He means it to the letter "E."  In fact the Amplified rendition of 2 Corinthians 12:9 encapsulates the promise very well:

“My grace is sufficient for you [My lovingkindness and My mercy are more than enough—always available—regardless of the situation]; for [My] power is being perfected [and is completed and shows itself most effectively] in [your] weakness.” Therefore, I will all the more gladly boast in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ [may completely enfold me and] may dwell in me.

Oh for sure - as you can only imagine, I had to embrace His grace in order to face everyone in church that day and serve God joyfully despite the deep, I mean, very, very, very deep grief I was in.

Indeed His grace did not just see me through that day - His grace has continued to see me through each day of life. However this post is not just about God's amazing grace. As I think back to the years, God blessed our family with my Dad, I thank God for the memories - very pleasant memories that I carry in my heart. You know, time does fly and memories remain so ensure that in your hourly, not just daily, interactions that you are leaving people you meet with great memories.

I look forward to interacting with you for many more years and creating lovely and loving memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...