Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Why are you...

...running so fast?
A few weeks ago, as I alighted from the train a few other passengers flew past me - running really fast. It was very obvious that the second person was running fast too because she saw the first person running fast. As I watched them and said to myself - or rather asked: "Why are you running so fast?" I had barely finished thinking that then noticed that the first person stopped running suddenly - when she noticed that the bus she was running to catch was not even at the Bus Station yet. The second person stopped too.


As I walked on, I wondered how many times I have also responded to a situation because of how someone around/ahead of me responded without taking the time to determine what the right response - if any - should be.


I know that it can be difficult to wait to hear God's instruction(s) - especially in this "Microwave age" we live in. We just want to do things - many things - quickly and move on to the next (big) thing. However, that is not how God operates. He doesn't expect you to react/respond to situations you face - or that face you the same way others do. He expects us to respond as He has instructed.

This struck a cord with me and was a reminder of His Word to me for 2017. A few weeks ago, at our Treasure Hunt Service God spoke very clearly to me about how He wants me to respond to life and to the challenges in the year to come. He said "be willing to be still until you are strengthened to move." The scriptures He used are:
Psalm 46:10 - “Be still and know (recognize, understand) that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth.” (AMP)
Isaiah 30:15 - For the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel has said this, “In returning [to Me] and rest you shall be saved, In quietness and confident trust is your strength.” But you were not willing, (AMP)


As I meditated on these scriptures, God reminded me that when I am still (quiet), I will not be disquieted by things that happen. BTW, in case you hadn't noticed, I've not been blogging as regularly as usual - because I've been "running so fast" after so many things and have been more stressed than I should be now and again.  He also added that as I spend more time being still, I'll get to know and hear Him more. It is God's desire for me to hear me directly - for the following verses to come true in my life. 
Isaiah 30: 21 - Your own ears will hear him.Right behind you a voice will say, “This is the way you should go,” whether to the right or to the left. (NLT)
Isaiah 48:17 -  This is what the Lord, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel says, “I am the Lord your God, who teaches you to profit (benefit), Who leads you in the way that you should go. (AMP)


As we step into 2017. I invite you to join me to step into "Stillness" and increased knowledge of God. As we do that, you and I will find out that we will not need to run so fast - for nothing. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...