Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Laps for laps

As I was preparing for a trip, I tried on my newest pair of jeans - which I had bought 3 weeks earlier and behold, they were tight on my thighs. Hmm? Where was I when that happened?
 
It then hit me that the fact that you're not actively doing anything to add weight doesn't mean that nothing is happening. So I started thinking that maybe I need to start doing laps (i.e. running) for my laps. The very first "proposal" in my thoughts was that I need to get a buddy who'd encourage & keep me accountable. I quickly discounted it because I need to decide and do - and the buddy may become a bother. The way I see it, fitting into my new pair of jeans comfortably is enough motivation. 
 
Talk about taking responsibility. I really like this cartoon - it's not completely true for me at least not now and hopefully never - if I take active action now. So I started doing some research and found out that brisk walking, running, cycling, swimming can be done in laps and fat is burned. But doing this once a month or just over the summer is not sufficient. The bottom line is that I (we, in case you're in the same boat as I am) need to move from knowing what to do to doing it and being committed & consistent. Doing this for 45-60 minutes, at least 3 times a week will produce a lifestyle.
I've decided to give myself a birthday gift that I want. No, not new outfits, but a better "fit-in" - so help me God.
Please encourage anyone around you who has set a self-improvement target. You & I can do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...