Friday, May 9, 2014

"It doesn't fit"


The Bible is serious when it says:
Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will].*
The truth is that irrespective of your situation, there is always something to give thanks for.
A number of people have used various "P" words to describe me including: "Portable" & "Petite" – and I wouldn’t disagree. In fact, with each passing day, God gives me one more reason to give Him thanks about that...


A few weeks ago, I went into a shoe store and if you're like me or weren’t sure before, you’ll know your feet are small if your size is place close to the biggest children’s size.
Well, I was looking in the adults section only to notice 2 other ladies who can shoe shopping and had a friend too – unlike me that came window-shopping. They were around me – so I had no choice but to hear their conversation:

Lady 1: Why does this sign say this “5W”?
Lady 2: It means 5 Wide
Lady 1: I don’t need “wide”
At that point, she move further up the aisle to the children’s section and tried something then their friend  (Lady 3) asked: “How’s that?

Lady 1 (sounding frustrated): It doesn’t fit – it’s too big.
As I turned to leave the store, Lady 1's eyes and mine met – more like I “looked down” at her and I smiled. She obviously weighs more than I do and wears bigger sizes in "Petite" clothes than I do – so may not have the challenge I sometimes have in getting clothes that fit as I’d prefer. Not that I don’t sometimes have challenges with getting shoes but I left that store with one more reason to give God thanks. He quickly reminded me of a colleague of mine. I saw and admired her shoes and she quickly added “and they fit.” That perked my curiosity – "what do you mean?" I promptly asked. She then explained to me that she wears a size 4 and rarely finds shoes in that size. As a result, she has more oversized shoes that she needs to “adjust” to fit her. And when she does find a pair of shoes her size that fit, she buys them without hesitation - even if at full price. Wow! And I thought I had challenges? Yes, I'm grateful that I'm "Petite" and not that "Petite." 

So what are you grateful for? An attitude of gratitude always gives you a lift - yes altitude... Remember whoever is not grateful is a great fool...I pray that you're the former. God bless

Reference:
*1 Thessalonians 5:18 AMP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...