Saturday, May 5, 2012

Think on this

There is nothing like a hopeless situation...
people only become hopeless about the situation.
 ~ John Hagee

If you're going through a challenging time...don't forget that once there is life, there is hope. The Bible says: "There is hope for those who are still alive—it does not matter who they are. But this saying is true: A living dog is better than a dead lion." (Ecc 9:4 - Easy-to-read Vern)

There may be times we "low in hope"...I've had some in recent days. I decided to be like David who focussed on God not the situation when in seemingly "hopeless" situations.

In Ps 42:11, he asked and answered: "Why are you cast down, O my inner self? And why should you moan over me and be disquieted within me? Hope in God and wait expectantly for Him, for I shall yet praise Him, Who is the help of my countenance, and my God." (NIV)

The reason is simple:
"the LORD delights in those who fear him, 
who put their hope in his unfailing love. (Ps 147:11 - NIV)

Afterall, He said: "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jer 29:11 - NIV)

I respective of the situation(s) you're facing or in now, "There is indeed a future, and your hope will never be cut off." (Prov 23:18 - God's Word Translation)

Keep your focus on Him Who cannot fail...and that is all you need to keep hoping...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...