Thursday, May 17, 2012

Choose one...

I'm sure you cannot but agree with me that life is full of options. When torn between more than 2 options, it can be hard to decide ...ask me about when I had to "decide" between more than 2 prospects in a destiny determining matter...that's another day's story.

God obviously didn't want to complicate our lives any further so He has given us all 2 options when it comes to life and death. Did you know that we all have the choice to:

 be born one and die twice
or
 be born twice and die once?
Ok let me put it in perspective...since you're already here, being born the first time was not your choice at all - you were the product of your parents' choice so it happened to you but being born again is entirely up to you...and that is the precondition to dying only once.

Hebrews 9:27 says:  "It is in the plan that all men die once. After that, they will stand before God and be judged." (New Life Version)  And this plan is based on God's expectation that we desire to see and enter His kingdom which Jesus told us how to in John 3: 3-7.

Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.” “What do you mean?” exclaimed Nicodemus. “How can an old man go back into his mother’s womb and be born again?” Jesus replied, “I assure you, no one can enter the Kingdom of God without being born of water and the Spirit. Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life. So don’t be surprised when I say, ‘You must be born again.’ (NLT)

And He wants us in His kingdom because Jesus has gone to prepare a place for us all....He said so Himself:  "In My Father's house there are many dwelling places (homes). If it were not so, I would have told you; for I am going away to prepare a place for you.*

There is another place that has been prepared but not for man - except anyone chooses to go there...it's the "everlasting fire that was prepared for the devil and his angels!"** And the bible clarifies that: "then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death. (Rev 20:14 - NLT)

Back to where we started...the options are:  born once to die twice or born twice to die once.
I've chosen the latter and pray you do too...


Sources:
*John 14:2 - Amplified
** Matthew 25:41 -God's Word Translation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...