Friday, April 6, 2012

About Attitude...

I saw this on one of my Facebook friends' page:
A bad attitude is like a flat tire...
...you cannot go anywhere until you change it!!!
When I read, I couldn't agree more and then added that "for those who have tried to drive with a flat tire, they have found out that something more than the tire was destroyed - in most cases the rim was also a write-off. I know that from personal experience - I mean the tire & rim example :)

John N. Mitchell put it well: "Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us."
So what is attitude? Two of the dictionary definitions I like are:
  1. "A position of the body or manner of carrying oneself  and 
  2. A state of mind or a feeling; disposition"*
For me, attitude is simply how you "carry yourself" which is based on what you think about yourself. It all starts from within -like Winston Churchill said: “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” In essence, if you want to make a big difference in your life, all you need to do is to make a little adjustment in what you think about yourself and also how you carry yourself. Life will likely not treat you any better than you treat yourself - it all starts with self-worth. I agree with Scott Hamilton: “The only disability in life is a bad attitude.”

So the next time you see someone (including you) take the time to put air in their tire or go in to fix a bad tire, I encourage you to also put some more positive air in your life or just fix/change any negative attitude you have. It's so interesting that the word "Attitude" starts with an "A" and someone whose names start with "Z" summed it all so well:
“Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude”  (Zig Ziglar)

Maintain the right attitude and you'll go a long way - up...

Source:
*http://www.thefreedictionary.com/attitude

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...