Tuesday, April 23, 2019

"You lost weight?!"

A few weeks ago, an acquaintance said to me: "You (seem to have) lost weight?!"

"Oh wow!" I thought. I was really happy to hear that because I didn't think it was so obvious. On second thoughts, I shouldn't have been surprised because my clothes fit better - and that was obvious.

It was such a joy to wear those outfits which I previously had retain a "tummy-tucked-in" posture in. Let's not talk about the ones when I had to jump a bit to get into and successfully button at the waist. In fact, after a while I just gave up and focussed on wearing outfits that provided shall I say more "breathing space" - instead of looking like I was about to pop everytime I had a sip or bite of something. Let me take a moment to give a shout-out: Rubber-band skirts/trousers are a blessing...

It is so interesting how "easy" it is for some of us to change out our wardrobe when we add some weight rather than take action to retain what we have by maintaining an optimal weight as much as possible. I know how difficult that can be because for the longest time I prided myself in the fact that I didn't put on weight. And then when I wasn't looking - or shall I say not watching, I added weight. It wasn't obvious until I started noticing that I was buying the next size of different pieces of clothing. At that time, the only pieces of clothing that still fit well were my scarves and shawls oh and socks too.

So you can only imagine how happy I was when my acquaintance made that comment - happy that I had lost weight, "waste" and waist. Now I need to watch myself so that I don't add weight rather than wait and see that I've added weight. I will watch what goes through my lips because they end up in my hips as what doesn't leave as waste ends up in my waist.

Bottomline: It was great that one person noticed and said that to me however, I didn't/don't need anyone to validate me. Being able to slip into more of my outfits versus  jumping to "shift" and force myself into my outfit was it's own reward.

Do something for yourself - give yourself a gift of a fitter, not fatter you...it is possible. I'm livingproof that it is.

You may want to read previous posts on a similar topic:
Fit better or just fatter?
Appealing or Appalling
Next size please
Next size please 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...