Thursday, July 27, 2017

Right price...

...is not enough...
at least for me, it's not enough.


Those who know me well, know that I'm always looking for "good deals." In fact, I jokingly say that it's a "sin" to pay full price for things - especially clothes.  

A few weeks ago, I went to return some clothes I bought. When the Sales Associate scanned one item, she exclaimed "Oh you got these at a great price!" Just as I started to say, "Yes, but it doesn't fit well" (because it was too tight/clinging), she added "The price doesn't matter if it doesn't fit."

She was spot on...and those 8 words kept ringing in my heart and now are flowing through my hands as I type this.

I then started wondering, how many times do we (ok, do I) hold on to things that don't fit well - or at all just because - the price was "right" - or even because it "once" fit? 

Personally, tying down money and space with things that
- do not fit well
- do not fit at all
- no longer fit
is a way of life that we (I) should move away from - & quickly too.

I know that sometimes as our bodies change, we have some (special) outfits that we are "trusting God" that we'll fit into - or that will fit us (again) someday...

The flip side to that for me is someone can be blessed by those outfits - where they are things that cannot be returned for refunds. An organization* that supports Women has a very apt slogan: 
"Someone's future may be hanging in your closet."

And Proverbs 3:28 says: If you can help your neighbor now, don’t say, “Come back tomorrow, and then I’ll help you.” (NLT) So please join me in "Being a Blessing from my Closet" and of course recovering your money where you can... and that's a price and prize that's always right. 

Reference:




 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...