Sunday, February 5, 2017

"Domestic"?

From time to time I like reading signboards - just for fun... and then I saw one that made me think a bit deeply.
It said "Domestic Passengers Terminal." 
I had to read it twice and think about it.



As far as I know, it's Flights that are either Domestic or International - not the passengers. The more I thought about it, I wondered about the labels people put on others and the labels we put on ourselves and/or inadvertently accept.


The example that comes to mind is in 1 Chronicles 4:9-10
Jabez was more honored than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, “I bore him in pain.” 10 Jabez called on Israel’s God: “If only you would greatly bless me and increase my territory. May your power go with me to keep me from trouble, so as not to cause me pain.” And God granted his request. (CEB)




Jabez (whose name meant "Sorrow") recognized that the situation of his birth didn't need to determine his destination in life. He cried out to the only One Who could lift him from the Place of Sorrow to the Pinnacle of Success.


We're in a brand new year - 10% gone and 90% to come... Irrespective of where you are in life, there's still room at the top - God is our limit. Whatever you do this year, do not accept labels that limit you...stick with our Limitless and Unlimited God and you'll see that you're beyond "Domestic."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...