Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Tip of tongue

Have you ever had these "it's on the tip of my tongue" moments?
Well, I have and know that there are times when it is better to bite your tongue that let what's on it's tip slip out and bite others. I can't say I've been quick to bite my tongue always but I'm learning day by day. A TIP that just dropped in my heart while typing this is:
Whenever you talk, because you will, plan that you'll:
"Talk Inspirationally Persistently."

I know it will not be easy because some of us would rather talk persistently. So let these 3 (short and sweet) verses guide you when you speak:
Colossians 4:6 - When you talk, you should always be kind and wise. Then you will be able to answer everyone in the way you should. (Easy-to-Read Version)
Ephesians 4:29 - When you talk, don’t say anything bad. But say the good things that people need—whatever will help them grow stronger. Then what you say will be a blessing to those who hear you. (Easy-to-Read Version)
Proverbs 31:26 - When she speaks, her words are wise, and kindness is the rule for everything she says. (Living Bible)
I agree with John Dewey that: "There is all the difference in the world between having something to say and having to say something." Saying something or nothing can make a world of difference or even erect a wall of difference so we need to be wise with our words.

As we inch towards Christmas, a time when there are a lot of celebrations and conversations, I encourage you to watch your "tip of the tongue" moments...and take Mark Twain's advice (purple font mine): "If you have nothing (edifying) to say, say nothing."

Wishing you and yours a memorable Christmas as you remember and celebrate that it's all because Jesus came that many more good things have come (& will continue to come) to you and yours.

May God bless and keep you and yours - to His glory and may you all remain a blessing to others. AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...