Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Switch it on...

A few weeks ago, I was looking for something in my tote bag. Now anyone who has seen or owned one knows that the next best invention to creating that "carry-everything-else" bag is to come up with an organizing mechanism.

I don't know about you but I'm rarely ever successful in finding things in exactly the same spot as I put them in my tote bag. By the way, whoever comes up with that mechanism or "app" as they are referred to these days will need to pay me royalty for the idea. :) Back to our topic...

So after rumbling through my tote bag I asked myself: "Why didn't you just switch on the light?" Did I mention that I went into a slightly dark room and felt I'd be faster looking through my tote without the light on. Well, of course it wasn't - remember I was looking through a tote bag and that was a real teachable moment for me...
Life without light is hard - harder than it needs to be and definitely not God's wish for anyone.

The Bible tells us about the Light God has provided for us:
John 1: 4 tells us
"In him there was life, and that life was a light for the people of the world." (EtRV)
John 8:12 -  Jesus once again addressed them: “I am the world’s Light. No one who follows me stumbles around in the darkness. I provide plenty of light to live in.” (Message)

If you're born-again, make sure you are living with the "Light" (Jesus) switched on - everyday and everywhere you are - so you don't stumble and fumble around in life. If you're not yet born-again, I bring you good news: you can switch on the Light of life and switch from a futile to a fulfilled life - just accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. You can say this prayer after me:
 
Lord Jesus, I believe that You came to die for me so I accept Your gift on the cross. Please forgive me and accept me as Your own forever. Today I accept You as my Lord and Saviour - now and forever. In Your precious name I pray. AMEN.
 
Congratulations!!! I rejoice with you. Start reading the Bible - I recommend you start from the Gospel of John. Look for a Bible-believing and teaching church to attend. Welcome to the Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stay put...not out

When this common quote: "Go where you're celebrated not tolerated" crossed my mind, the first 2 words in the title "resp...